Article 1 Purpose
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to stipulate the terms and procedure of using the COVID-19 test reservation service (hereinafter referred to as the ‘service’) for outbound travelers, provided by Ewha Medical Center (hereinafter referred to as the 'Center'), and other necessary matters, e,g, the rights, meanings, and responsibilities of the Center and users.
Article 2 Effect and Change of the Terms and Conditions
(1) These terms and conditions will take effect when the user agrees to them.
(2) The Center may change the terms and conditions when circumstances are changed or when there is an important business reason, and in this case, notify the date of application, details of the revision, and the reason for revision at least 7 days in advance prior to the effective date on the initial screen or a screen connected to the initial screen. If the revision is unfavorable to the user, however, the Center will notify it at least 30 days in advance. Users who do not agree to the revised terms and conditions may refuse to use the service.
Article 3 Regulations Other than the Terms and Conditions
In the event that matters not specified in these terms and conditions are stipulated in related laws, such regulations will be complied with.
Article 1 Establishment of Service Subscription
(1) Service use will be established when the Center approves the user's application for use and the user agrees to the terms and conditions.
(2) Users who want to use the service must provide the required personal information requested by the Center.
(3) If the Center approves the user's application for use, it will notify other matters it deems necessary to the user.
(4) The Center will not approve the application for use described in each of the following subparagraphs.
① if the user applied using the name of another person;
② if the user did not apply under his/her own name;
③ if the user provided false information in the reservation application form; and
④ if the user applied for the purpose of undermining social well-being, order or good morals
Article 2 Service Use and Restrictions
(1) In principle, service must be available 24X7 throughout the year, unless the Center has a special business or technology problem.
(2) The service use time in the preceding paragraph can be limited after the Center notifies the user in advance when necessary, e.g., for regular inspection of the system.
(3) The Center may terminate the contract or suspend the use of the service for a certain period of time in the case of any of the following events. If the Center takes such action, the user will be notified in advance, but if it is necessary to take urgent action, it can notify users afterwards.
① if the user acts against public order and good morals;
② if the user is related to a criminal act;
③ if the user plans service use or carries out a plan for the purpose of undermining the national interest or social public interest;
④ if the user steals someone else's reservation number;
⑤ if the user damages the reputation of others or disadvantages others;
⑥ if the same user double-registers with different reservation numbers;
⑦ if the user impedes the sound use of service, e.g., harming the service; and
⑧ if the user violates other related laws or the terms and conditions set by the Center
Article 1 The Center’s Obligations
(1) The Center must make sure that users can use the service unless there are special circumstances.
(2) The Center is obliged to provide services continuously and stably as set forth in these terms and conditions.
(3) The Center will process opinions expressed by the user through the prescribed procedure, and if it takes a certain period of time to process the opinions, it must inform the user of the reason and the processing schedule.
Article 2 The User’s Information Security Obligations
(1) The user is wholly responsible for the management of the password entered when applying for the service.
(2) The user agrees to receive emails from the service that are sent as part of the service.
(3) If the user’s reservation number is used illegally, he or she must notify it to the Center.
(4) The Center should not sell or provide personally identifiable information to a third party unrelated to the Center without the user's prior permission.
(1) Disputes related to all issues about service use, except for those stipulated in these terms and conditions, must be resolved by mutual agreement as much as possible.
(2) If a lawsuit is filed with regard to a dispute arising from the use of the service, the court with jurisdiction over the location of the Center will be the competent court.
The terms and conditions will be enforced on March 1, 2022.